Total Pageviews

VISITORS MAP

VISITORS FLAGS

free counters

REBORN DOLL KITS ONLINE FACEBOOK PAGE

Wit & Whimzy Reborn Nursery Zazzle.com Store.


View more gifts at Zazzle.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

ARTICLE - REBORN ARTIST - BEATRIX SCHRODER - Exclisive Interview


The German reborn doll artist Beatrix Schröder has been nominated for 2 Colliii Awards in 2011. Watch her at work and find out more about her in this exclusive interview...


Beatrix Schröder
 
Colliii.com: Congratulations on your nomination. What motivated you to take part in this years Colliii Awards?

Beatrix Schröder: Well firstly I think its fun to take part in things like the Colliii Awards. It is always exciting and I took part without really hoping too much to get a nomination.
Lots of competitions are based too far away from where I live, but with the Colliii Awards its easier. This year I also got an Ervera "seal of quality" for my Reborn babies which I was very happy to receive. 

Colliii.com:
How did you decide which dolls to enter for the competition?

Beatrix Schröder: "Bella" has always been special for me as the kit looks a lot like my son "Mike". I always wanted to do a Reborn version of my son and 2 years have passed until I found the time to do it. I then got 2 Bella kits and made the time to do Mike, I also did a twin sister for him too! 

Colliii.com:
How long have you been Reborning dolls for?

Beatrix Schröder: I started back in November 2007 after seeing Reborn dolls only a few months earlier. I never knew that they even existed but I soon realised that it was something that I wanted to do as I have always been interested in artistic pursuits. I had to take my time though, to save up and also to inform myself some more. Just as I was about to get ready to start my mother (who was a passionate doll collector) died and I had to put it all aside for a while. But in November 2007 I started and since then I no longer paint on canvas but vinyl. 

Colliii.com: What is going to happen with the finished reborns that have been nominated?

Beatrix Schröder: I sell the reborns that I make although I sometimes like to keep them for a while.I am normally so busy with the production of the dolls that there is isn´t too much time left afterwards. I mostly reborn for customers which isn´t always easy to time manage. I wont be selling my "Mike" nor my first ever Reborn which was a Vivien from Evelina Wosnjuk kit.
I was very proud of my Vivien even if I only painted 3 coats on her. She always makes me smile and she helps me to see how far my work has come since then! 

Colliii.com: You used to give Reborn courses. Do you still do that? If not are you going to start again?

Beatrix Schröder:  For the time being I wont be doing courses as I just dont have the time. I am very busy with other things such as doing proto-types. I always need a lot of time to plan the courses and the courses themselves run for 2 and a half days and often mean long nights too. The courses have a lot of background work too, I need to prepare food and drinks for the people and the whole act is quite time consuming. It is a lot of fun to do the courses so who knows what the future will bring. As soon as I have any courses planned they will be announced on my website.  http://www.beatrix-reborn-babys.de/WB/



No comments:

Post a Comment