Total Pageviews

VISITORS MAP

VISITORS FLAGS

free counters

REBORN DOLL KITS ONLINE FACEBOOK PAGE

Wit & Whimzy Reborn Nursery Zazzle.com Store.


View more gifts at Zazzle.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

IT HAS COME FULL CIRCLE-KOKO (The Gorilla) 'MOTHERS' HER REBORN APE DOLL


Jul 20, 2011

Koko Continues to "Mother" her Ape Baby Doll

 

Koko doesn't usually bond this closely to her "dolls" but she's been spending a lot of time with this ultra-realistic one lately, giving it a lot of love and carrying it in much the same way as most gorilla mom's carry their newborns. This wil be good practice, should we succeed in helping her adopt — a wish she expresses often in sign language.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i mentioned in one of my 1st blogs on here, that i had painted a chimpanzee.

theres a long story to that painting, but it all started when my mother handed me a book about KOKO and her kitten.
that one book, changed me. set me for life, with an inner love for primates.
so much so, when i had the chance to paint my 1st, and currently only, painting, i wanted it to be a primate.

so much time has passed, i dont know if i even posses that raw talent i held as a new 18 year old, anymore.
so, my love for both painting and  primates exteneded itself to a 3-D canvas, on reborn dolls.

i love them, but i especially LOVE the monkey ones best. and have even considered just doing them excelusivly.

and today as a feed on my Facebook, i see an image of KOKO, the very being that started my love for Primates, holding a custom made REBORN  'ape' herself.

small world.

MICHELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment